Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hi Evertone:
We received good news at my Chemo treatment Yesterday and wanted to share with each of you as soon as possible.I am doing very well. The test CA 125 (the indicator for the presence of Ovarian cancer) showed in Feb prior to surgery, 2600; the ideal norm is 30, yes 30.... Therefore, mine proved a clear indication for cancer presence, in late Feb after surgery CA 125 showed the amount going down to 1700; today the great news is it is down to 250... awesome translation 1st round of chemo is doing its job!!!! I am so excited and pumped over this news. One day at a time! And Yes we will take those numbers going down. This is the first test indicating the fight is progressing nicely and I am kicking butt (with the strength of family and friends behind me)!I am on another steroids dosage pack to help with the joint pains in advance and hopefully will not be as bad as the last treatment because I know what to expect as well as the steroids. My hair is almost completely gone on my head and my eyelashes and eyebrows and nose hair (yes I said nose hair) and body hair Legs and arms are all thinning. All good signs the chemo is working. I received 2 beautiful hats from Co-Hort 5, Catherine saw me model them and both hats fit great and look great as well. Also, a meditation CD from Fr Tim was added to the goody bag and a beautiful card which I will keep as I reviw my cards often to gain the strenth and support I need from time to time. My many thanks to everyone for your generous kindness to me. I look forward to re-joining the class next session. Don, my husband of 32 years, continues to be my strength, my Chauffeur, my Chef, my handyman, my best friend, my everything. This disease as awful as it is, Don and I have shared more life experiences than most people face in a lifetime. I am truly blessed to have a wonderful husband and children who love and support me in all they do for me.This past week, with the support of my children; Meg painted our master bedroom, something I have been wanting to accomplish for about 6 months; it pays to procrastinate a little, hehehehehehe. And Dave, Meg's husband, replaced 2 hallow core doors with 2 solid wood doors upstairs. Don has replaced 3 leaving 1 more to go. It is looking beautiful, I must say everyone did a great job. My other daughter Maureen (Moe for short) watched Donny (Meg and Dave son) to accomplish this, I watched Little Moe ( Meg and Dave's daughter, as much as I could) and my daughter, Michelle, drove me around shopping and my son, Sean, hung all the drapes. It was a huge family affair to get things done and coordinated. Thanks to my family!Well, that it for now and I will try and keep everyone updated as much as possible and keep those 'mindless chatter' e-mails coming as I said it takes me into your world for a few minutes and I love catching up with you.
Love,
Margie

3 comments:

katie said...

yay! great news about your CA-125 coming down. --katie

Anonymous said...

Mom...you are such an inspiration to me...I wish I had half your strength. I can't say I am surprised that you got the good news...I knew you'd kick a**!!!

Anonymous said...

It's always good to hear your positive outlook! You inspire more people that you can imagine. Keep kickin butt!--Cathy Veth