Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2009

7 March 2009
Good Early Morning to Everyone;
Don and I were able to get out on Thursday, when the weather reached 64 degrees, the first time in months anyone in Chicago has seen a temperature rise above freezing. On our walk we saw some neighbors after all of us hibernated all winter. I love stoppoing and talking to each person along the way. We walked a little further, to our daughter Michelle house, and then back home. It was wonderful to get out and feel the sun warm blanket around us.
It is around 3:30am on the 4th day after chemo and the joint pain has decreased to a tolerance of highly annoying. It feels much like have aches and pains from the flu in your joints and all over but magnified 100 times. I am on steroids to help reduce the inflammation and joint pain and that seems to be taking the edge off the discomfort. I feel pretty good outside of the joint pain. I picture little PAC MEN (I know, showing my age by visualizing PAC MEN) munching away at the nasty cancer and leaving my body with each achy joint.
It appears my sleep pattern is a bit off these past few days as well. Therefore, I thought a few sentences of mindless chatter would help pass along the time. I hope everyone is well and drop a line on the blog. I would love to hear from each of you. I am grateful to the love and support from everyone.
Love, Margie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great, mom! I love your blogging!

collsimp said...

We are praying for you Margie - you WILL beat this thing!!

Colleen, Joe, Ellie & Logan

Unknown said...

Sunny warmer days are ahead. Pretty soon you will be chasing the grandkids all over the place.
You go Margie!!

Anonymous said...

Funny you should say that, Kevin...she was playing soccer with Maeve yesterday! It was a minute and a half of soccer, but it was awesome to see!!! You're kicking a**, Mom!!!

multiplemom said...

Stay strong Mrs. Walsh!
I loved the PAC MAN explaination! I wish I could have though of it that way!

Big Hugs,
Nicole Neustad (and kids)

katie said...

hi marge, my mom has PPC too and she just finished her 6th chemo this month. With your PAC MAN imagery and upbeat attitude, you will kick this in the butt! if you ever want to chat with others who are dealing/have dealt with PPC, we have a "google group" that is kind of like an online support group/open forum through email. keep up the blogging!!