Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hi Everyone:
I started chemo yesterday. A long day about 7 hours in total, next treatment will be longer about 8 - 81/2 hours. I have weekly Doctors appointment and lab work as well chemo treatments. I must say they keep me busy and watch me very closely.
My assigned nurse is fantastic and the best part is we know each other. So we have another connection/bond with caring through chemo therapy. I was placed on steroids beginning on Monday evening and again on Tuesday prior to the chemo. Well, if you thought I was chatty before, OMG I talked my daughter Meghann’s ear off until 9:30pm last night. I am usually in bed by 7:30-8:00pm. Heheehe I was talking so fast she laughed and said its ok Mom.
The symptoms I have is being a bit flushed (red faced) today and a unsettled tummy. Don and I plan on going for a walk today as my medical team recommend small amount of exercise as they find this to be helpful during treatment. In the next 7 to 10 days it will be a bit of roller coaster, therefore, I thought I would let you know now what is going on because usually I withdraw a bit when I am not feeling well. So please don’t take offense if I am unable to respond to individual e-mail or posting. But I think my kids will be keeping the page updated and the blog.
Love to all of you and thanks for the prayers, well wishes and most of all your love and friendship.
Margie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Walsh,
Stay positive and stay strong! You are a very strong woman (you have to be to have raised such strong children) and I know you will beat this. My family and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers daily. All our love and well wishes from Florida,
XOXO
Meryl Hill

Unknown said...

Find your comfort food to keep strong. My friend Susan swore by Mcdonalds French Fries and good old Kraft mac & cheese as she was going through the old chemo thing.
I'm thinking about you.

Love, Carole