Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

Hi Everyone;
Here is last weeks update and a brief overview of what's to come this week. Last week, I received a visit for my friend Catherine from DePaul University and she brought two beautiful hats from the class, where I was teaching before I found out I had cancer. It warmed my heart and head, to know the love that went into choosing colors and designs and the perfect hats to fit my life style. I am so thankful for wonderful friends and colleagues in education.
I had Chemo on Tuesday and this time we started steroids in advance. This helped a little with the joint pain; it took the edge off but not all the way. I am losing feeling in my finger tips and toes and the bottom of my feet. It feels like they are going to sleep all the time. Makes it very difficult to type and walk. I spend a great deal of time taking 3 to 4 Epson salt baths to relieve the discomfort. Also, I slept 12 to 18 hours a day, extremely fatigued. However, today I feel more alert, thank goodness.
My hair is gone and its not so bad but I did have a hard time when it finally started coming out in clumps and I asked Don to shave it down (yep, back on the deck we went) Hilarious I am sure for the neighbors to view. One good thing, I don't have to shave my legs or my armpits, heheheheheh. Crazy I did not consider all the hair when the nurse said body hair too. What was I thinking...hehehehehe
On Saturday, March 28, we celebrated my grandson's Donny's (Meg and Dave little boy) 3rd Birthday, he had so much fun with family and friends. I could not stay long as fatigue set in and Don drove me home for a 4 hour nap. On Sunday, my neighbors had a pot luck dinner for me and it was so nice to see everyone and get out of the house for a couple of hours. I had to leave to take another nap. Linda and Kelly hosted this party despite our side of the street was without electricity for 9 hours. The creativity of the neighbors from BBQ in the snow (yes it snowed yesterday) to ordering out. My appreciation runs deeper than words can express to the kindness from everyone.
Tomorrow I have several tests to undergo; Mammogram and Bone density scan, blood work, etc. also, I am going to try and make class at DeVry University. It is the last class for incoming adjunct faculty to become certified with DeVry. I am truly excited as I am scheduled to teach classes this summer (if I get released from my doctors). I hope so.
I am also hoping to have lunch with a friend on Thursday and my brother and sister-in-law are visiting on Saturday. My sister Mary is visiting on Monday. I look forward to the visits.
Beginning this weekend begins the down cycle of white blood count, this time I/we will be extra-extra careful so I do not end up in the hospital again in isolation.
How are things with each of you? Take care my dear family and friends and know I think of you often. I truly appreciate you entertaining me with reading my blog,as it does help me therapeutic wise and provides a snapshot of my disease. And I love receiving comments as it provides me a glimpse into your life. So tell me what you are doing to keep busy these days?
With love,
Margie

No comments: