Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

a couple of bittersweet beginnings

Bittersweet Beginning #1:
Margie had her hair cut short today. The MD's and RN's suggested she do this before starting chemo. She says she looks like "a dork," but she doesn't. I told her it completely shows off the gorgeous skin she was blessed with! She looks great!!! (p.s. i chopped mine, too...for support)

Bittersweet Beginning #2:
I think (not positive) chemo starts on Tuesday March 3rd. I wish she didn't have to go through this, but I know that it is best & necessary to get rid of this poison. In the meantime, preparing for that day is like a part-time job! She and my dad are back and forth from the hospital...there for hours at a time, sometimes. I think she's tired...and anxious. All the while is staying positive. She's got the upper hand here & will kick cancer's a**!!!

Anyone out there following this...please send well wishes (whenever) through the comments...I know she likes them. Especially send them on March 3rd (I will keep you posted on the correct day) to let her know you're out there and praying for her. Thanks!

Love,
Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how Shell cut her hair to show her support. And Margie - you always look beautiful, long hair, short hair, no hair. You are the most beautiful person I know...both inside and out.
Love you sister.